A rare opportunity has arisen for a Care Coordinator to join our superb team at Tender Loving Carers Domiciliary Ltd. We aim for the successful applicant to be proud to represent Tender loving Carers and our values and to be an ambassador for the excellent services that we aim to provide to our Users of services.
The role can be challenging because of the constant changes and time pressures. However, the role is extremely rewarding and will continue to give you that all important contact with our Users of services, and you will experience great job satisfaction.
At Tender Loving Carers, our vision and values are passionately shared by the whole business (including the Management team), which enables the applicant the chance to become a part of a dedicated team of professionals, valued and appreciated Home Care Workers.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience and qualifications
- SSP, SMP, 25 days holiday, plus 1 additional day holiday per full year employed, up to 30 days. Bank Holidays.
- Career development opportunities
- A supportive and friendly management team
- Pension scheme
- Working for a company who upholds excellent values and quality services
- Ensuring rotas are planned ahead for the following week: Filling unallocated shifts, developing a template of shift patters.
- Assessing Care Worker availability and planning sensible rotas based on distances between visits and where Care Workers are travelling to and from.
- Matching skills of our staff with the needs of our Users of services
- Liaising with external organisations, Users of services and families, having empathy and understanding of their needs.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills are a must.
- Managing constant changes of the rota and keeping Care Workers and Users of Services informed.
- To review, monitor and action observation records. To provide written reports of all complaints, compliments, accidents and incidents.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.30
- At times, finishing time may be later on a Wednesday or a Thursday to complete rotas, if required.
- 1 Weekend in every 4, community work (any hours that cannot be covered by Care Workers)
- Coordinator may be required to cover work in the community (as a last resort) outside normal working hours.
Skills and experience
- The applicant will already have a good grounding in Health and Social Care, ideally holding an NVQ (or equivalent) Level 2 or 3.
- The applicant will need a friendly and caring approach and the ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds. Patience and a sense of humour are important too! Juggling a busy workload is the norm in our sector, so we would expect the applicant to have great organisational skills, along with good IT, administration, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- To be able to balance a friendly, caring and compassionate approach along with professional conduct is necessary.
- Adaptable to quick changes.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car.
Please note: The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
- Full job description available on request.
- Applications or questions to be made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We require a full CV and covering letter FAO: Brigitte Grutzmacher – Managing Director
- Application closing date Wednesday 9th September.
- Interviews planned to start the week beginning 14th September.
alternatively you can register your interest by sending us your name, phone number and a copy of your C.V. to: email@example.com and we shall be in contact with you within 7 working days.